September 1, 2011

September is here and its where ... the Girl Meets Boy









   
  Happy September! After days of long work hours and getting ready to go back to school, I am so glad that the month of September is here. September is like January for the fashion world. It is my high, my love. I am excited for upcoming fashion events this month, can’t wait to share that with you all in the near future.

   For this year’s fashion week, one of my inspirations for the nights is the “Girl Meets Boy”  look. It is a trend that seems not to want to go away. But why would it? It just looks so cool. Women that can pull this look of are comfortable enough with themselves to rock a pair of slacks, with a colorful sequence blazer, and a killer pair of heels (Like the Alexander Wang cape heels). Just look at Beyonce during her performance at the 2011 VMA’s Award last Sunday; baby bump and all she looked amazing. Also, the Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall 2011 Ad is perfection. I am loving the white and black music notes cardigan with the tapered jeans. I can see myself not only wearing similar pieces to these for the night time, but also to class. This trend can seem very effortless but still comfortable enough to just throw on. No need for sweats or yoga pants, some boyfriend jeans and  button-ups will do just fine. I cannot get enough of this trend. Now we will see if I can actually pull it off aha.

   Someone that I think truly embraces the aesthetic of this trend is Janelle Monae. I have never seen her wear anything else that was not a crisp white button up shirt with some black slacks. But, she is always able to style it differently and find unique ways to keep her look fresh. Here in this fun little video from Voguepedia, you will see Janelle and Bruno Mars get ready to attend their first Met Costume Institute Gala. It is nice to see how two very talented stars, get ready to attend their first fashion event. They are like two kids getting ready to go to a toy store. You get a chance to see a glimpse of what “Girl Meets Boy” means to Janelle and Bruno. Hopefully one day I will have gained the respect to be invited to the Met Ball. Until then, I will just keep working hard. Enjoy J



Images from: Style.com; Elle; Vogue, Olsens Anonymous

No comments: